EGC - Elite Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elite Gaming Community

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Application

Go down 
+2
N.M.I.
Gorroth
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gorroth

Gorroth

Application Empty
PostSubject: Application   Application Icon_minitime24th March 2008, 17:06

Hi there,

I'm looking for a friendly, casual to semi-casual EU clan comprised of skilled players. After having played several times both with and against some of your members, I thought that Elite might just be the community I'm looking for. Also, I'm sure automated clanwars in 1.4 will bring its load of entertainment and I'd hate to be missing out on that.

First of all, I'm a team player; I donate frequently, especially at the start of a match, follow (sane) orders from the commander to my best and mostly stick to groups of players as there is strength in numbers. I'm pretty average in melee combat, though I'm sure there's room for improvement, but have a good grasp of the overall tactics and strategy of a match. This usually brings me to play a support class (conjurer/builder, shaman/chaplain) as I feel I do a better job than most people at it. I tend to favor playing beasts since I think their units have the most "unique" abilities (buffs/debuffs/pets) but I have no trouble playing humans as well.

I'd love to be a part of Elite but if your roster is already big enough or if you guys feel I'm still a bit "wet behind the ears" (~18hrs played), that's okay. Smile

PS: link to my S2 profile
Back to top Go down
N.M.I.

N.M.I.

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application Icon_minitime24th March 2008, 20:37

We don't see any other problems than your 19 hours played Smile So keep playing and there shouldn't be any problems Wink
Back to top Go down

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application Icon_minitime24th March 2008, 21:21

Builders are NOT a support class! Well....not when I use 'em Razz hehe.

Obviously, the best way to improve your Melee combat (and the game overall) is to simply practice and continue to play against top quality players Smile
Watch what others do, listen to commands, try and help any group pushes in game and be helpful Wink

On a side note, the evident eloquence of your typing (as displayed in your post) fills me with hope, having just seen some of the worst cases of "txtspk" and "l337sp34k" I've ever seen in S2. Good work, that man Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Arctic^Penguin

Arctic^Penguin

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application Icon_minitime24th March 2008, 21:31

l00k h3r3 P4nd4 nigh! just c0s ye caNNy s9e4k da L1ng0 dont m3an we c4nt

lol

But ya play abit more, and get used to the new melee and job'a a goodun
Back to top Go down

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application Icon_minitime24th March 2008, 21:41

WHYYYYYYYY? hahahaha, Gosh that made my brain hurt Razz
Back to top Go down
Gorroth

Gorroth

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application Icon_minitime24th March 2008, 23:36

Alright, thanks for the replies. I'll be around. Smile
Back to top Go down
Gorroth

Gorroth

Application Empty
PostSubject: *bump*   Application Icon_minitime9th April 2008, 11:55

So I've played a bit more (50+ hours total now) and have gotten noticeably better, especially in melee. I've still got some progress margin left though; then again, there's always room for improvement.

I know I'm still pretty much a newcomer compared to some S2 vets who clocked hundreds of hours but I think my profile shows that I'm already a pretty decent player, thanks to my S1 experience and overall gaming skills.

Also, I'm aware that clan applications are currently closed but since I applied before the announcement maybe you'd consider making an exception?
Back to top Go down
Bazil

Bazil

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application Icon_minitime9th April 2008, 14:55

After reviewing your statistics, checking your latest replay on Eden and seeing you out-score Coercer, one of our members I have come to a conclusion.

You do have some melee troubleations (It's a word), you seem to not like the interrupt key very much Smile which I assume is why you played a summoner. This will have to be corrected as playing ranged might do fine in public matches but it will not do in clan matches, but it's nothing a couple of hours on the duel server can't fix.

Otherwise I saw great potential in the way you played the game and I figure you can be quite damn good at this game.

I will gladly support your application and you will soon be able to access the forum thread in which you can post your email to become a member.
Back to top Go down
Gorroth

Gorroth

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application Icon_minitime9th April 2008, 15:25

It's true, I sometimes avoid using the interrupt key because it is bound on my keyboard instead of attack and block which are both on my mouse. Also, I feel that the reaction time of using interrupt is too high, as if it took too long to execute the action after pressing the corresponding key. Maybe it's my keyboard, maybe it's me, I'm not sure. I'll try working a bit more on my melee.

I admit that I prefer playing summoners and shamans when playing beast but I'm no stranger to using savages and legionnaires when playing human.

In any case, thanks for taking the time to review my performance. =)
Back to top Go down
StraFFniX

StraFFniX

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application Icon_minitime9th April 2008, 15:27

well that interrupt thing is a real matter... hopin for it 2 be fixed @ next patch
Back to top Go down
Arctic^Penguin

Arctic^Penguin

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application Icon_minitime9th April 2008, 16:04

what you mean fix'ed its fine Very Happy

Anyhow, if you have a half good mouse you should have thumb keys.

I myself use intrupt on my thumb key and block on my right mouse.
Then on my mouse wheel click down I have skill 4 and my little top thumb key skill 5.

if your thumb keys not working in s2 let me know and I can tell you ( if you useing a logitech mouse ) how to get round that.
Back to top Go down
Abxi

Abxi

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application Icon_minitime9th April 2008, 21:29

Well said Bazil.

By the other posts i read i notice you got in.

Welcome on board.

-Abxi.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Application
Page 1 of 1