EGC - Elite Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elite Gaming Community

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Age of Conan - whos gonna play?

Go down 
+6
Terramaximum
Ride
N.M.I.
Sn1peR
Arctic^Penguin
xlson
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
xlson

xlson

Age of Conan - whos gonna play? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan - whos gonna play?   Age of Conan - whos gonna play? - Page 2 Icon_minitime14th March 2008, 00:20

Heh, I guess we'll see what happens then..
Back to top Go down
Ride

Ride

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan - whos gonna play?   Age of Conan - whos gonna play? - Page 2 Icon_minitime21st March 2008, 17:20

back to aoc: signed up for beta, didnt get in :/ gonna try it once its out i guess
anyone testing it right now?
Back to top Go down
N.M.I.

N.M.I.

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan - whos gonna play?   Age of Conan - whos gonna play? - Page 2 Icon_minitime21st March 2008, 17:37

There will be an open beta as well. Afaik none of us are closed beta testers. Check out betaleaks.com for more info on the game.

Got some new info from the HUN website, well it appears that they won't be able to finish the game completely by 20th May. They'll still release it though.
Don't like the PvP aspect so I might change my mind and cancel my pre-order :/
Back to top Go down
Terramaximum

Terramaximum

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan - whos gonna play?   Age of Conan - whos gonna play? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1st April 2008, 20:08

Well, I couldn't find any recent gameplay videos (only silly trailers), so I can't say if I like the game or not. I'm as well one of those who planned to play WAR (with my other guys from my area) and atm. I'm playing Sword of the New World (fun game Very Happy) which does it's job for now. I think AoC could interest me, but I need to see more of the game and less stupid trailers.

Oh btw. Peng, the collectors said to also include a Strategy Guide...did you get yours? I didn't get mine Sad.
Back to top Go down
coercer

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan - whos gonna play?   Age of Conan - whos gonna play? - Page 2 Icon_minitime8th April 2008, 00:21

i am going to buy it for sure, but i dont know if i will have time to play Smile
Back to top Go down
Arctic^Penguin

Arctic^Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan - whos gonna play?   Age of Conan - whos gonna play? - Page 2 Icon_minitime8th April 2008, 00:54

errr its a montly game so theres no point in paying for it if your not going to play.
Back to top Go down
coercer

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan - whos gonna play?   Age of Conan - whos gonna play? - Page 2 Icon_minitime8th April 2008, 01:14

yeah i know but i can freeze my account. i have to buy it first though Smile played lots of monthly games before i think it will have the same principles as the others.
Back to top Go down
Ride

Ride

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan - whos gonna play?   Age of Conan - whos gonna play? - Page 2 Icon_minitime19th April 2008, 21:06

1 month left! \o/
is it true that you only have to pay per month AFTER level 20?

http://www.vtoreality.com/2007/age-of-conan-in-open-beta/936/

Quote :
The monthly cost will probably be around $15/month but only once after get your character to level 20. This is because the part before level 20 is a solo game and the world opens up for you to play with others at level 20.
Back to top Go down
N.M.I.

N.M.I.

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan - whos gonna play?   Age of Conan - whos gonna play? - Page 2 Icon_minitime21st April 2008, 12:36

Yep, the beta testers confirmed that levels 1 to 20 are solo only and it supposed to have the same characteristics as a normal single-player RPG. So you can play that through a few times or you can go online and achieve levels 20+ if you're willing to pay the monthly fee.
Or you can complete the first 20 levels in less than a month and the rest of the 30 days will be free online.

FYI there will be an open beta starting on 1st May Smile
Back to top Go down
Ride

Ride

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan - whos gonna play?   Age of Conan - whos gonna play? - Page 2 Icon_minitime21st April 2008, 20:22

I've read about that, but wasn't that planned to be for fileplanet subscribers only? Prove me wrong please! May 1 is even closer Smile
Back to top Go down
N.M.I.

N.M.I.

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan - whos gonna play?   Age of Conan - whos gonna play? - Page 2 Icon_minitime22nd April 2008, 02:11

Yes, it is for FilePlanet subscribers only *points at himself*

But 99% of all the betas are being opened to the public after a few days/weeks so you'll have the opportunity to try the game before you buy it.

As for myself, I'm interested in this game but I don't fancy the monthly price and if it gets too repetitive (farming and grinding etc.). I hate to sit in front of the PC nowadays so I'd only get this for the Xbox anyway Smile
Back to top Go down
Sn1peR

Sn1peR

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan - whos gonna play?   Age of Conan - whos gonna play? - Page 2 Icon_minitime25th April 2008, 22:58

Back to top Go down
StraFFniX

StraFFniX

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan - whos gonna play?   Age of Conan - whos gonna play? - Page 2 Icon_minitime26th April 2008, 11:20

guy<s there will be OPEN BETA! i know where 2 get some keys Razz
stay online with me @skype.....or PM me here for further instructions

FOR ELITE ONLY! just a reminder geek
Back to top Go down
N.M.I.

N.M.I.

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan - whos gonna play?   Age of Conan - whos gonna play? - Page 2 Icon_minitime26th April 2008, 13:40

I already have mine from FilePlanet Very Happy Other sites are offering 100 keys each but you have to be lucky to get in.

After I get fed up with the gankers I'll sit back playing GTA4 multiplayer and give away my key Razz
Back to top Go down
Ride

Ride

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan - whos gonna play?   Age of Conan - whos gonna play? - Page 2 Icon_minitime26th April 2008, 15:36

dammit, Im not elit.. no aoc beta for me :--------(
Back to top Go down
ComCaution

ComCaution

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan - whos gonna play?   Age of Conan - whos gonna play? - Page 2 Icon_minitime27th April 2008, 16:03

looks good to me
been looking at it for some time now
just hope it is as good as it looks Smile
Back to top Go down
plit

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan - whos gonna play?   Age of Conan - whos gonna play? - Page 2 Icon_minitime12th May 2008, 11:30

so who's downloading early client already? Smile
speed sux tho, only 250-260
Back to top Go down
Ride

Ride

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan - whos gonna play?   Age of Conan - whos gonna play? - Page 2 Icon_minitime12th May 2008, 12:11

Tosser preordered it, I'm thinking bout it too..
I'd love to be able to play the beta though..

can I still dl the client without a valid account? that way I don't have to dl it later \o/
Back to top Go down
plit

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan - whos gonna play?   Age of Conan - whos gonna play? - Page 2 Icon_minitime12th May 2008, 12:23

yes. you can dl it. but will need account created-purchased in order to login/play.
that's funcom download manager for early-access players http://funcom.cachefly.net/AoC-EU-EarlyAccess.exe
dunno if it's same client for full version, but i guess so.
Back to top Go down
Ride

Ride

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan - whos gonna play?   Age of Conan - whos gonna play? - Page 2 Icon_minitime12th May 2008, 23:23

it would be wrong if it wasnt.. 13gigs Smile
preordered today.. not sure if i still fall into the early access thingie, but at least i get a rhino!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan - whos gonna play?   Age of Conan - whos gonna play? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Age of Conan - whos gonna play?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
EGC - Elite Home :: Games :: Age of Conan-
Jump to: