EGC - Elite Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elite Gaming Community

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Age of Conan - whos gonna play?

Go down 
+6
Terramaximum
Ride
N.M.I.
Sn1peR
Arctic^Penguin
xlson
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
xlson

xlson

Age of Conan - whos gonna play? Empty
PostSubject: Age of Conan - whos gonna play?   Age of Conan - whos gonna play? Icon_minitime11th March 2008, 11:37

..so while we're talking Elite gaming, whos planning to jump the Age of Conan bandwagon? Anyone in the beta?

I'm planning on playing and see if it's as good as I hope. Not sure were I'll find the time for all the gaming but I'll work that out somehow Wink I wish there was more information about the game, or rather I wish I had worked on getting in the beta so I had some firsthand intel. But hey, not being in the beta gives me more S2 time so thats good Razz

-x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan - whos gonna play?   Age of Conan - whos gonna play? Icon_minitime11th March 2008, 14:46

I'd forgotten about this game. It did look interesting, I admit! I'm not in the beta sadly Sad
Back to top Go down
Arctic^Penguin

Arctic^Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan - whos gonna play?   Age of Conan - whos gonna play? Icon_minitime11th March 2008, 15:09

I more intressted in WAR. now that does look kick ass
Back to top Go down
Sn1peR

Sn1peR

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan - whos gonna play?   Age of Conan - whos gonna play? Icon_minitime11th March 2008, 15:13

yeh i'm gonna try too Surprised
Back to top Go down
xlson

xlson

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan - whos gonna play?   Age of Conan - whos gonna play? Icon_minitime11th March 2008, 15:19

Arctic^Penguin wrote:
I more intressted in WAR. now that does look kick ass
Nods, it will prolly rock. I'm leaning towards AoC primarily because it seems to be more hardcore, more adult. But I will prolly give warhammer online a go at some point as well. I played DAoC for a long time and Mythic (maker of both games) sure know their stuff.

Last edited by xlson on 11th March 2008, 16:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
N.M.I.

N.M.I.

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan - whos gonna play?   Age of Conan - whos gonna play? Icon_minitime11th March 2008, 15:28

I was interested in WarHammer Online myself, but after watching a bunch of gameplay movies, I've stopped thinking about it. It looks ugly, pathetic and 90% like WoW but with more PvP content. That's my personal opinion, but it was a huge letdown for me nonetheless.

Already pre-ordered Age Of Conan though, that games look amazing. And I've read quite a few things about the mechanics (I'm not in the beta but there is a HUN forum where beta testers post pictures and tiny reviews about some parts of the game) and it looks really promising and unique. Everything is for the adult audience (as xlson mentioned), most effects and gameplay mechanics are new to the franchise as well. I love exploring stuff even by myself and don't really care about PvP (though AoC will have a strong PvP, guild and a unique city building system).

Also waiting for StarCraft 2 of course, the campaign will be awesome then there is the multiplayer. Although I'm not as skilled as a Korean player, I'd love to play against friends and for fun plus the main things that drive me are the custom mods made by fans (like DotA and TD for Warcraft 3).
Back to top Go down
xlson

xlson

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan - whos gonna play?   Age of Conan - whos gonna play? Icon_minitime11th March 2008, 15:59

Sweet, mind sharing a link to that forum? I guess I wont be able to read a thing but just getting some beta footage would be nice. It's frustratiting knowing that there is so much info available about the game but not being able to see any of it because of the NDA. -reminds himself to try harder to get into betas-
Back to top Go down
N.M.I.

N.M.I.

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan - whos gonna play?   Age of Conan - whos gonna play? Icon_minitime11th March 2008, 18:25

Never!!! Very Happy

OK, this is the Hungarian fansite www.ageofconan.hu (hard to find, really Smile)

If you just browse the main page you can see quite a few leaked videos and everything. Click them to watch or sometimes there is a link in the post that points you to even more videos/pictures.

If you go into the forum for beta testers http://www.ageofconan.hu/viewtopic.php?t=106&start=450 there is loads of info but you won't understand a thing Smile So look for the admin guy's posts, the one with the name Huma (the minotaurus avatar) Age of Conan - whos gonna play? 193336398244c48c984fd16 and click on every period and comma in his replies. There are loads of beta images hidden as clever links Smile

Also, there is an english site http://betaleaks.com where you can read reviews (e.g. how much Warhammer Online sux Very Happy) and find cool stuff.
Back to top Go down
Arctic^Penguin

Arctic^Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan - whos gonna play?   Age of Conan - whos gonna play? Icon_minitime11th March 2008, 18:57

I just been watching the vids, of age of crap .....I mean conan.

The world looks great but the player model animations suck big time. I mean they ALL look like they have a flag pole up there ass.

It seems nothing will ever compare to nwn 1. shame nwn 2 was a big let down :S crys.
Back to top Go down
xlson

xlson

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan - whos gonna play?   Age of Conan - whos gonna play? Icon_minitime11th March 2008, 18:58

Cool, thanks Very Happy Beta leakage 4 teh win! (heh, yeah I didnt even bother googling, my hungarian is "so so" Wink )

On another note, what classes do you guys think you will be playing?

Mostly in mmos I make my main some kind of mage/summoner and in AoC I'm aiming for the Demonologist, but we'll see how I like him when I know more, Necro seems interesting as well.
Back to top Go down
N.M.I.

N.M.I.

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan - whos gonna play?   Age of Conan - whos gonna play? Icon_minitime11th March 2008, 20:16

I was thinking of Demonologist myself and the Necro (the latter has cool interactions with the world). Kinda got fed up with melee classes Very Happy

There are a lot of things that need to be polished, that's for sure. And currently the problem is that all beta testers are testing an older build (e.g. the char animations are better in the 'not-yet-released' one). If you watch an official video, you'll see that huge difference.
It would be a shame if they couldn't put this game right.
Back to top Go down
Sn1peR

Sn1peR

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan - whos gonna play?   Age of Conan - whos gonna play? Icon_minitime11th March 2008, 21:20

so this gonna be 1 time pay or monthly fee?
Back to top Go down
Arctic^Penguin

Arctic^Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan - whos gonna play?   Age of Conan - whos gonna play? Icon_minitime11th March 2008, 21:29

lol your joking right ..... its gona be a arm and a leg evey month.
prob the normal £10-15.
Back to top Go down
Sn1peR

Sn1peR

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan - whos gonna play?   Age of Conan - whos gonna play? Icon_minitime11th March 2008, 22:36

yeh thats the part i hate the most...
Back to top Go down
N.M.I.

N.M.I.

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan - whos gonna play?   Age of Conan - whos gonna play? Icon_minitime12th March 2008, 02:24

Well it's an MMO so it has a monthly fee.

When you buy the game you have 30 days for free an after that you have pay every month if you want to play. I'll buy it nonetheless as it's cheaper that way and I'm curious about the innovations. Plus, there is no other MMO that I'm keen on (no, GW isn't an MMO plus it's boooring).

Depends on how I can spare the time as I wanted to play this game with my girlfriend but her PC is only mediocre and AoC would eat it alive (it's not like WoW with 10 polygons/model).

If it takes too much time and leveling is slow paced then maybe I'll switch back to Crysis (still have a clan there but might join a different one, they're all craving for me Very Happy) IF they manage to fix it by then. Would be the best multiplayer FPS *sigh*...

And after that, StarCraft 2.
Back to top Go down
xlson

xlson

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan - whos gonna play?   Age of Conan - whos gonna play? Icon_minitime12th March 2008, 11:51

As I see it $10-15 is a low price for the amount of playtime and continual updates you get from an mmo. I wouldn't have anything against playing like $5 for Savage 2 monthly if they added some kind of subscription system. Running servers is expensive not to mention the cost of developers.

GW - do you mean Guild Wars? Nods, that wasn't that much fun. I liked the instances for a while but after that I got mostly bored. The arena matches fealt like bad mmo battle grounds but without it actually being an mmo that wasnt to much fun. The lack of leveling (1-20 was really quick) and customization on a grander scale really turned me down.

I think my gf actually played WoW for a while but I don't think she'll be into AoC and we haven't got 2 gamings comps anyway. Would be neat tho Smile

-x
Back to top Go down
Arctic^Penguin

Arctic^Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan - whos gonna play?   Age of Conan - whos gonna play? Icon_minitime12th March 2008, 19:01

If the day ever came when Savage 2 became a monthly fee game, would be the day I stoped playing and never played it again.
Back to top Go down
N.M.I.

N.M.I.

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan - whos gonna play?   Age of Conan - whos gonna play? Icon_minitime12th March 2008, 19:14

Well said!
Back to top Go down
xlson

xlson

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan - whos gonna play?   Age of Conan - whos gonna play? Icon_minitime12th March 2008, 21:51

Yeah, tbh I dont think it would work with a forced subscription system for S2 but I could see them having a donation based one where you got some smaller bonus for supporting them. And by small I mean small, something like being able to test the patches (for those who werent in the beta) and things like that.
Back to top Go down
Arctic^Penguin

Arctic^Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan - whos gonna play?   Age of Conan - whos gonna play? Icon_minitime12th March 2008, 22:05

They allrdy do. Its called the colectors edition. I allrdy got mine.
you get 5 scratch of cards for buying it. oh and the Cd.
Back to top Go down
N.M.I.

N.M.I.

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan - whos gonna play?   Age of Conan - whos gonna play? Icon_minitime12th March 2008, 22:42

Yeah I have 4 of those things...

You know it's weird because I wasn't in the beta (although I signed up for it but never got in) but I'm still allowed on the test servers :O
Back to top Go down
xlson

xlson

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan - whos gonna play?   Age of Conan - whos gonna play? Icon_minitime13th March 2008, 00:40

Yeah I know I've got the collectors edition but I didn't think you could buy it more than once for a specific account. But you say you can?

Nice, it might be the fact that you signed up or just some random quirk.
Back to top Go down
N.M.I.

N.M.I.

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan - whos gonna play?   Age of Conan - whos gonna play? Icon_minitime13th March 2008, 20:36

Yeah you can buy as many as you want. If you don't ship it to the EU you can get it for 20$.
Back to top Go down
xlson

xlson

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan - whos gonna play?   Age of Conan - whos gonna play? Icon_minitime13th March 2008, 21:25

Ye, thanks for the tip Smile

I got myself a couple today as well as an email from S2 Support asking if I really intended to buy several Wink Kinda funny, told em - yeah, thanks for the game and please don't ship those collectors editions -
Back to top Go down
N.M.I.

N.M.I.

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan - whos gonna play?   Age of Conan - whos gonna play? Icon_minitime13th March 2008, 23:34

Heh, I bought 4 just after the release. One for myself and the other three shipped to Imagination Land. The bastards sent me 3 CDs though I told them not to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan - whos gonna play?   Age of Conan - whos gonna play? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Age of Conan - whos gonna play?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
EGC - Elite Home :: Games :: Age of Conan-
Jump to: