EGC - Elite Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elite Gaming Community

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mountin Pass Map

Go down 
+5
xlson
Steve
N.M.I.
Sn1peR
Arctic^Penguin
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Arctic^Penguin

Arctic^Penguin

Mountin Pass Map Empty
PostSubject: Mountin Pass Map   Mountin Pass Map Icon_minitime24th February 2008, 17:02

This is a map I currently working on.

The idea is like a path tho a mountin range.

Lay out
Mountin Pass Map Layoutyk4

the Lair is top left and SH bottom right.

all are mines apart from the two in the squars that go nowhere, them being Scar's

What ya think ?
Back to top Go down
Sn1peR

Sn1peR

Mountin Pass Map Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountin Pass Map   Mountin Pass Map Icon_minitime24th February 2008, 17:08

looks cool, but i think its too much trench system, will be too much slaughter house in there.

About Scars i don't think that is good, becouse you won't be able to destroy the HS if its only 1 entrance to HS... and entrance almost right next to lair/stronghold... Smile
how about 1 scar and fight for it? Smile middle would be great spot, but put arrow and cannon tower in there and 5 ppl can't pass it ^^

all little white dots are mines? i think there is too many, as you saw 4-6 mines are well than enough to get all the buildings up and running...

i would open the middle too, to have better options to pick your path, not just straight up ^^

thats my opinion, so ignore it if it sucks Very Happy
otherwise i'll play it! cheers
Back to top Go down
N.M.I.

N.M.I.

Mountin Pass Map Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountin Pass Map   Mountin Pass Map Icon_minitime24th February 2008, 17:11

Looks fun, lot of choices are there for the teams so it's not linear at all. Although ~30% of the passages look a bit too narrow to me, no real space to manuveur and hide Smile

The two mines in the middle is a great idea but I agree with Sn1peR, it needs 2 more ways to squeeze playesr in from each side (so it's harder to defend).

At NW and SE one of the two dots are the HeadQuarters, right? Also, maybe it would be worth it to replace the two mines on each edge with Scars.

Great work so far!
Back to top Go down
Arctic^Penguin

Arctic^Penguin

Mountin Pass Map Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountin Pass Map   Mountin Pass Map Icon_minitime24th February 2008, 17:27

Ok then How about I cut tho from the hellshrines to middle ?
Back to top Go down
Sn1peR

Sn1peR

Mountin Pass Map Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountin Pass Map   Mountin Pass Map Icon_minitime24th February 2008, 17:31

yeh something like that, but you gotta move the shrines like NMI said, as they will be in the path and easy to destroy.

btw does it work yet? we can still be beta testers Smile
Back to top Go down
Arctic^Penguin

Arctic^Penguin

Mountin Pass Map Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountin Pass Map   Mountin Pass Map Icon_minitime24th February 2008, 17:39

Ya it all works , and sure once I made a few changes I will post it up ( know a good file store webby ? )

and I just had a cunning plan, ok I cutting tho from hell but I banking it up so that you can only go from hell to middle, but not from middle to hells.

Ie there is gona be a drop off ledge as drops dont hurt in s2
Back to top Go down
Sn1peR

Sn1peR

Mountin Pass Map Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountin Pass Map   Mountin Pass Map Icon_minitime24th February 2008, 17:49

yeh that sounds cool, we must test it how its gonna look haha Very Happy
Back to top Go down
N.M.I.

N.M.I.

Mountin Pass Map Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountin Pass Map   Mountin Pass Map Icon_minitime24th February 2008, 18:15

...and when it goes official, we will own on this map! Unfair advantage ftw.

Btw you know what I miss from S2 maps? Forests and lakes with city ruins in them Smile
Back to top Go down
Arctic^Penguin

Arctic^Penguin

Mountin Pass Map Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountin Pass Map   Mountin Pass Map Icon_minitime24th February 2008, 18:24

ok what I have done is kinda put in 1 way streets Very Happy

you have 1 ramp going from the hell to middle and then from just of to the side of middle you have another ramp heading up to the other ramp, and they both have drops so they only 1 way.

I put 2 ramps each way so you can attack either way but its slower and siges cant sit at the top spaming miidle with out treat of being attacked

Mountin Pass Map Layout1pg8

The numbers are the mine harvest speeds

Mountin Pass Map Layout2gl5

Edit: Heres the map so far, dismiss the tex's I have just wacked them on so I know whats what atm.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3eeny4redz3

its called mp4 atm

Edit 2: did a quick retex and add'ed some npc's and some other bits.

Mp6 http://www.mediafire.com/?zugm1npx1iz
Back to top Go down
Arctic^Penguin

Arctic^Penguin

Mountin Pass Map Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountin Pass Map   Mountin Pass Map Icon_minitime24th February 2008, 20:49

Heres a much better pic of the map.

Mountin Pass Map Mappickz1.th
Back to top Go down
Steve

Mountin Pass Map Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountin Pass Map   Mountin Pass Map Icon_minitime24th February 2008, 21:26

nice mate Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Arctic^Penguin

Arctic^Penguin

Mountin Pass Map Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountin Pass Map   Mountin Pass Map Icon_minitime25th February 2008, 12:47

ok I made a couple of changes

Mountin Pass Map Mappic1je9.th

I moved to mines to where the hells used to be and moved the hell to mid.

I add'ed back passages around the top right and bottom left mines.
Back to top Go down
Sn1peR

Sn1peR

Mountin Pass Map Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountin Pass Map   Mountin Pass Map Icon_minitime25th February 2008, 14:14

nice Smile

it will be a very good combat map, can't place much garrisons/lairs Smile

trench fight ftw Smile

face it, or die, pig .

king
Back to top Go down
xlson

xlson

Mountin Pass Map Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountin Pass Map   Mountin Pass Map Icon_minitime25th February 2008, 14:45

Seems like a very intense map, I look forward to trying it Smile
Back to top Go down
N.M.I.

N.M.I.

Mountin Pass Map Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountin Pass Map   Mountin Pass Map Icon_minitime25th February 2008, 23:05

Went through it last night, nicely made, good layout. Although it lacks doodads, flora, rocks etc. Also, the edges between the mountains and grassy marks aren't seamless.

I suppose you want to revamp everything and add stuff, it's just basic layout yet. I find it great but as I said before there might be too many narrow places Smile
Back to top Go down
Arctic^Penguin

Arctic^Penguin

Mountin Pass Map Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountin Pass Map   Mountin Pass Map Icon_minitime26th February 2008, 10:57

Ya totaly NMI the texures are just the first ones I came across just so I didnt have to look at black and white all the time.

Todays update Very Happy

Started adding some eye candy and changeing some bits from just rock to proper paths and so on.
Put in the Npc's for the mines and Scar, also the npc's covering the back routes.

Its proper funny running tho stonehenge with the monkeys attacking you.

Mountin Pass Map Mappic2ya6.th

Finaly got the warmup to work so heres a pic of the map with spawns and so on.

Mountin Pass Map Overtopiz0

as you can see I have widen the routes a fair bit.

Lastest copy mp7 : http://www.mediafire.com/?imzndt9cgm1
Back to top Go down
plate

plate

Mountin Pass Map Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountin Pass Map   Mountin Pass Map Icon_minitime27th February 2008, 18:57

one word FABULOUS

imo great map
Back to top Go down
http://www.megarotic.com
N.M.I.

N.M.I.

Mountin Pass Map Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountin Pass Map   Mountin Pass Map Icon_minitime27th February 2008, 22:01

Finish it by 5th of March and you can get a powerful Rune Wink
Back to top Go down
Arctic^Penguin

Arctic^Penguin

Mountin Pass Map Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountin Pass Map   Mountin Pass Map Icon_minitime28th February 2008, 16:20

Done a lot of work to it this morning.

I have smothed out the cliffs and banked them abit more rather than making them just flat faces.

I have also started to texure it properly now. I started from scratch and have begon to add dirt paths on the grass and add in some trees and so on.
Next is the fallen down rocks and stones.
Mountin Pass Map Mappic2ms5.th
Did a fresh over top view pic as well
Mountin Pass Map Overtopuf5
Back to top Go down
N.M.I.

N.M.I.

Mountin Pass Map Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountin Pass Map   Mountin Pass Map Icon_minitime28th February 2008, 17:16

Getting better and better.

If I were you I'd extend the areas marked by red circles (pic: http://aycu35.webshots.com/image/44994/2004975488395429494_rs.jpg). That way

- there will be less narrow passages
- opposing teams can place forward garrisons on top and bottom
- attacking teams have better view and chance to take garrisons on sides

Of course after extending those areas (cutting back from the mountains and placing grassy plains or sand instead) make sure you raise the ground a bit, and create small hills. IT will make the map more interesting to the eye and gameplay.

Also, don't forget to place lone trees and group of trees (the latter goes for the new extended areas I spoke of).

These are just my ideas, only make the changes if you think they would do good to MP Smile

P.S. might need a larger area around the Scar (though not for a garrison)
Back to top Go down
Arctic^Penguin

Arctic^Penguin

Mountin Pass Map Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountin Pass Map   Mountin Pass Map Icon_minitime29th February 2008, 18:09

Today I have been working on the entires.
I have started on the trees and so on and rocks.

Mountin Pass Map Mappic3jj6.th

its coming along nicely. glad you like it.

About them bits you pointed at NMI I way ahead of you Very Happy when I was widening it I had that inmind. I just checked and you can allrdy put them down there Very Happy on the south one you just have to angle it abit Very Happy
Mountin Pass Map Ugarrtestnv4.th
Mountin Pass Map Subtestdn6.th

But keep all the coments coming I do need them. I tell ya I cant wait to have a game on it Very Happy

Edit: Progresion .... I just learned how to put sounds in Very Happy but I will leave that till the end. I also just changed the sky to a evening one and added cloud shadows Very Happy

Mountin Pass Map Mappicso5.th

Last edited by Arctic^Penguin on 1st March 2008, 02:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sn1peR

Sn1peR

Mountin Pass Map Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountin Pass Map   Mountin Pass Map Icon_minitime29th February 2008, 21:28

ok so who can host it and lets go play ?Very Happy
Back to top Go down
xlson

xlson

Mountin Pass Map Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountin Pass Map   Mountin Pass Map Icon_minitime1st March 2008, 23:44

Nice, at leats on the overview the trees seems to add a lot to the map. Both when it comes to combat tactics and just plain ol' making it nicer to look at. Can we download it somewhere?
-x
Back to top Go down
Arctic^Penguin

Arctic^Penguin

Mountin Pass Map Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountin Pass Map   Mountin Pass Map Icon_minitime2nd March 2008, 14:06

Sure Xlson just click this link http://www.mediafire.com/?6dxupo1ww3c and put it in your map folder.

Me and Sniper had abit of a bug check on it yesturday, I will be fix'ing the ones we came across tomorow as I just want to chill today.
but I got monday and tusday to work on it before I hand it in on the 5th.
I would have liked another week but never mind.
Back to top Go down
xlson

xlson

Mountin Pass Map Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountin Pass Map   Mountin Pass Map Icon_minitime2nd March 2008, 16:47

Thanks Smile

About the bug check, you've prolly already found what I found but I'll list em anyway incase you missed something. (I played as human on the map)

- Had a hell of a trouble getting the journeymen to get from base to the nw mine, they just couldnt find the path and refused walking unless i babysat them the whole ride - silly journeymen

- I also had problems sending them north on the right side of the map, they found a path but would get stuck on a tree somewhere halway.

- I also had problems getting npcs from the beast base and to the east, they had problems finding the path.

- The last thing I found was that the rocks on the ground a little after the ne npc camp up on the ledge wouldnt let you go unless you used sprint.

I really like the map. Not a lot of room for the bases making it really crowded and easier for suiciders as well as demos. Look forward to trying it for real Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mountin Pass Map Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountin Pass Map   Mountin Pass Map Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mountin Pass Map
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
EGC - Elite Home :: Games :: Savage 2-
Jump to: