Elite Gaming Community

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

1.3.1 Death to the Stun

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Arctic^Penguin

PostSubject: 1.3.1 Death to the Stun   20th February 2008, 13:11

OMG they basicaly killed the lego Stun, its so short now you cant even stun then attack before they can block you.
And holly cow vemon kicks ya teeth in now.

and the straf speed now is nuts Very Happy it makes for mad fights.

PostSubject: Re: 1.3.1 Death to the Stun   20th February 2008, 13:32

Damn, thats some mayor changes, look forward to trying it out even tho it means ill get knifed in the back even more Wink

Didn't see any official patch notes, did they change anything else?

At work atm, so can't really try it out :/

-x

Last edited by xlson on 5th March 2008, 11:35; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
plit

PostSubject: Re: 1.3.1 Death to the Stun   20th February 2008, 15:29

omg

Quote :
3. If you do switch teams via the spawn queue prompt and stay until the end of the game, you are awarded an automatic win and 250 experience, regardless of the results of the match

I will switch teams now as soon as possible Smile Win/Win situation Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
plit

PostSubject: Re: 1.3.1 Death to the Stun   20th February 2008, 15:31

only thing i wait now. Hopefully it'll be in 1.3.2 is Persistent items award. For Level up and for other achievements.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xlson

PostSubject: Re: 1.3.1 Death to the Stun   20th February 2008, 15:58

Changelog:

VERSION 1.3.1
-------------
- Several changes were made in an effort to combat players intentionally stacking teams, unbalancing the game. These changes are:
1. All Skill-factor values and levels are hidden unless you are on a team
2. Once you join a team, you may not switch teams unless it is via the spawn queue prompt
3. If you do switch teams via the spawn queue prompt and stay until the end of the game, you are awarded an automatic win and 250 experience, regardless of the results of the match
4. Once you spawn as a spectator you cannot join a team. You must wait for the next map to join a team.

BALANCE:
- Increased movement speed for walking and sprinting backwards
- Increased straffing movement and sprinting speeds to be equal to player speed when walking and sprinting forward
- Slightly increased stamina regeneration rates while idle and walking
- Legionnaire's bash ability damage increased from 60-80 to 80-100. Stun duration decreased from 1.5 seconds to 0.5 seconds
- Malphas can no longer be "pushed" by melee abilities that have knock back (this includes tempest push back ability)
- Predator's venomous strike will now apply the damage over time for 8 seconds for 8 damage per second, up from 4.5 damage per second for 10 seconds

TECHNICAL FIXES/TWEAKS:
- Polymorph ability will now correctly disable the skills of the player using the spell, rather than the target player
- Fixed issue that was causing the doors in the tutorial to allow players to pass through them
- Fixed issue that was causing the "Waiting for # more players" message to report the wrong number for spectators
- The average SF field has been fixed for the in-game scoreboard, it should now report accurately
- Fixed the "promote officer" button not appearing for commanders in the game lobby during game setup
- Fixed a bug causing observers to spawn in the corner of the map instead of the center when in warmup
- Fixed a bug where TAB screen would not open for observers
- Fixed a few miscellaneous crashes
- Fixed an issue where steam turrets would ignore storm shield and still cause damage
- Fixed some issues with pet AI, should help with them correctly randomizing attacks
- Replays will now ignore max connected clients and passwords when starting up the replay
- Fixed some missing textures in the model viewer

MODDING/MAPPING:
- Added g_allowTeamChange, which determines if players are allowed to switch teams after the game starts - defaults to false

Last edited by xlson on 5th March 2008, 11:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
N.M.I.

PostSubject: Re: 1.3.1 Death to the Stun   20th February 2008, 20:07

Thanks for posting the changelog, xlson!

I'm at work atm but at least I can read everything that awaits me tomorrow Smile

They made a great progress in fixing the stacking issue we had.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xlson

PostSubject: Re: 1.3.1 Death to the Stun   21st February 2008, 01:01

nps Smile

Got some games in tonight, the new strafing is wonderful, combat is a lot more dynamic now. Yeah, stacking didn't feel like a problem tonight, people just played and players changed to the losing team without hesitation. cheers

-x

Last edited by xlson on 5th March 2008, 11:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
N.M.I.

PostSubject: Re: 1.3.1 Death to the Stun   21st February 2008, 13:56

Well as there are no Europeans playing atm I've joined an US game to try the new patch.

I was on Humans and 95% of the Beast were all Conjurers, but you could see 1 or 2 Summoners if you looked closely.

The whole match came down to spamming Humans with the acidic attack (has a huge area so you can't dodge it), then they cast entangle, run up close with full speed, whack you then run away.

They slowly pushed us back and we lost against Preds.

The entangle skill seems a bit overpowered because of the speed change but this was only one match, so...

Also, meleeing is pathetic. If two good players try to hit eachother, they can't do it. As both of you try to manuveur from the other player, backpadel and strafe all the time you can't hit eachother with melee.

Melee fights lasted for looong seconds for me and I was happy if both of us could hit eachother at least twice. Then 3-4 other Beasts came and that was it.

I'm not really a happy bunny about the new patch atm but we'll see today after people wake up or get home from school/work Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steve

PostSubject: Re: 1.3.1 Death to the Stun   21st February 2008, 17:06

havent been able to play yet and wont get to till sunday either >< got work and college til then =/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ciryadin

PostSubject: Re: 1.3.1 Death to the Stun   2nd March 2008, 01:22

Actually its easier now for a Summoner to own harder then before, you can strafe dodge ur way out of most attacks by melee, and keep aoe dmg + pet dmg ur target.

One on vs summoner is so much fun if your good with it, since everyone underestimates the class ull just own them in the face. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arctic^Penguin

PostSubject: Re: 1.3.1 Death to the Stun   2nd March 2008, 14:16

lol I been useing the summoner last couple of days and getting great Range baby scores hehehe

had my best ever on a main server just the other day 30 - 5 yay me Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: 1.3.1 Death to the Stun   2nd March 2008, 20:47

I hate Summoners, it's like fighting two units at the same time. Either you'll suffer double damage (Summ+Imp) or you have to do a melee in a 1v2 (Summ+Bearloth).

Best tactic I know is to stuff them full with a clip of minigun bullets. Does the job perfectly (Summoner with 30% or less health left) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xlson

PostSubject: Re: 1.3.1 Death to the Stun   5th March 2008, 11:41

Builder vs summoner/imp has worked well for me. You force them to go close combat with the force field and 80% of the time they will focus on taking the force field down so they can use their imp, making it fairly easy to stunlock/kill them.

They bearloth is worse for a builder, but you can do more or less the same thing with the steam turret.

My problem with playing the summoner is that I always manage to get out of mana way to quickly :/

On another note, I think it's funny that I more or less have only seen people changing teams to the losing side the first couple of days after the patch. After that it was more or less back to normal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1.3.1 Death to the Stun   

Back to top Go down

1.3.1 Death to the Stun
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
EGC - Elite Home :: Games :: Savage 2-
Jump to: